Hong Kong’s first WELL certified project
Citi Tower, One Bay East (OBE) in Hong Kong achieves WELL Silver Certification from the International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™). The M Moser designed space integrates the client’s workplace and aspirational strategies and is the only global project with combined recognition from WELL, LEED and RESET green building standards.
A world-class facility for sustainability that enhances wellness in the workplace and environmental sustainability, the space in Kwun Tong, houses over 3,000 employees and comprises 18 floors of Grade A office space.
Obtaining a number of industry firsts, the project has received recognition for the following:
- First WELL v1 registration in Hong Kong
- First WELL v1 Commercial Silver Pre-certification in Hong Kong
- First WELL Silver Certification in Hong Kong
- First RESET Certification in Hong Kong
- The world’s largest WELL Certification for new and existing interiors
- LEED v4 Platinum Certification
- Top Honor Award recipient for “Excellence in Interior Architecture” from the American Institute of - Architecture (AIA) International Region 2017 Design Awards
- Winner of the RICS “Sustainability Achievement of the Year” Award in 2016, with an additional recognition in 2017
“The Citi Tower project underscores Citi Group’s commitment to providing a true wellness environment for its employees and an aspirational space for its clients,” said Rick Fidrizzi, Chairman and CEO of the IWBI™. “The WELL Certification of this project demonstrates to the global corporate community doing business in Hong Kong that WELL is achievable, and it’s a practical approach to providing healthier built environments that help people thrive.”
“It’s been an honour to work with Citi to implement a workplace environment that holistically considers the wellbeing, productivity and health of all users. It’s particularly notable that the highest international best practice metrics were referenced and incorporated by the combined designs teams”, shares Dr. Christine Bruckner, FAIA, Director at M Moser Associates.