M Moser hosts CoreNet NYC Chapter’s “WELL: A Deep Dive”
Following the success of the “Tangible Metrics of WELL Design” panel at CoreNet Mumbai & New York, experts in wellness and sustainability from across New York City came together for a series of interactive workshops as part of “WELL: A Deep Dive”. Emphasising the value of a human-centric approach, the event was hosted at M Moser’s WELL Platinum designed New York office in the landmarked Woolworth Building.
M Moser’s Dr Christine Bruckner joined key speakers to bring awareness to the benefits of WELL design through a series of interactive workshops. Examining case studies and discussing the ROI value of WELL, the event also included a live walk-through of the M Moser “living lab”.
Interactive workshops included:
- Air: Dr Bruckner focused on the importance of air quality, sharing how M Moser designs and monitors work environments to ensure optimum air quality.
- Calm: Dr Whitney Austin Gray from Delos emphasised the importance of designing “calm spaces” within the workplace to mitigate stress, anxiety and burnout.
- Light: Jaclyn Whitaker from the International WELL Building Standard (IWBI) focused on lighting design and its impact on office health, addressing; circadian rhythm, artificial light, glare reduction and more.
- Acoustics: Chris Pollock from Arup led a team discovery into acoustics, highlighting zone planning and sharing an understanding of the qualities of sound and space regulation to maximise performance.
- Resilience: Illya Azaroff from +LAB addressed the physical and mental considerations when designing spaces resilient to crises such as forest fires, floods and power outages.
Following the interactive breakout sessions, CoreNet members regrouped in M Moser’s VR lab for a panel to review their findings and share what they had learned.
Participants were very appreciative of the detailed takeaways and requested a third CoreNet event to continue the deep dive discussions.
Stay tuned for more.